Special Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Simple Fathers' Day

We go out of our way to find the best Father's Days gifts.  Most of us have fallen into the belief that we have to go out to dinner and buy something...even if it's the classic Father's day gift "the TIE".  I say stop it! We even have our kids believing that even without an income, they need to purchase something.  Again, I say, STOP IT!  What happened to kids making breakfast, a crayon colored card, a picture of daddy, the hand print card normally made at school, etc.?  Let's go for simply showing love to all of the beautiful fathers out there and if there is a gift to be bought, let's not wait until the 3rd Sunday in June to buy it.  Same goes for Mother's Day.  Parents just want to be loved and  appreciated by their children.....and for me I got a hand made poster board card for mothers day explaining the 10 reasons why my children love me.  It's still sitting in the chair in my bedroom.  I wake up every morning, look at it and smile.  I don't know how long it will remain in that chair but I know that every time I look at it, it makes me feel good inside.  What would you give for a gift that keeps making you feel good.  Dads, I wish you a beautiful Father's Day.  To my children's father, I say thank you for our children and being a great dad.  You think my words as his ex-wife may have made his day?  Ladies, if your child has a great father, you need to let him know YOU think so.  They are rare and precious jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?